There are many good reasons for students to join AAUW while they are still earning their degrees. Benefits include:
- Dues are greatly reduced for students, allowing you to get to know the organization and enjoy the rich benefits of being involved in an organization that has been working on issues of importance for 130 years (and do it on a student’s budget).
- You can meet community leaders and access mentoring from women who have been successful students, businesswomen, and community leaders.
- You can also meet other students and benefit from networking with and learning from them.
- Participation in committees, leadership positions, outings, and clubs can help you build stills, learn about critical issues, … and they can be really fun!
- Scholarships may be available through the Branch, State or National programs.
- This is the time to build a resume that shows a foundation of community work and professional networking. AAUW is a respected organization in our community and throughout the world.
- AAUW holds conferences and events for students, such as the National Conference for College Women Student Leaders at the University of Maryland. Just click the following link for more information about this conference. College Women Student Leaders
- The issues AAUW works on are important to you and your future. You can help make a positive difference for yourself and future students
- Through our partnership with the Princeton Review, AAUWmembers, family, and friends get 15 percent off (up to a $280value) all live and online prep courses: PSAT, SAT, ACT, LSAT, MCAT, GRE, and GMAT.
- Congressional Federal Credit Union offers AAUW members free checking/savings and low-interest-rate loans.
- Assurant provides short-term life insurance, ideal for takingcare of gaps in your coverage.
- $tart $mart Salary Negotiation Trainings, AAUW’s campus salary negotiation workshops, prepare you to begin your career with the best possible salary.
- You can also access state-by-state data on the pay gap between male and female full-time workers and our free fair pay compensation tool.
Join AAUW Today!